October 6, 2005

WoW!! If no one has done so, yet, let me be the first to inform you that college is ROUGH. Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m loving every single minute of this awesome RiDdDLe experience, but it is NOT easy by any stretch of the imagination.

So, it’s been about two weeks, I’m assuming, since my first journal entry. At that point in time, things were going pretty well in all of my classes. I was slightly struggling in MA 241 (Calculus 1), but that was the worst of it. Things, now, have started to get MUCH harder. I took a test in my World History class, last Thursday. Let’s just say that this class has been a challenge to get through since day one — the teacher is EXTREMELY boring, and she will admit to this. Well, the test was IMPOSSIBLE. I don’t know where she got ANY of the information that was on the exam. Needless to say, I (along with every other person I talk to in that class) don’t think we did so well.

On Wednesday, I had my first Calculus exam. We’d already taken one quiz which was worth about nothing. So, this was pretty huge. How I did on the exam is still up in the air, but there is about a 50/50 chance I passed. YIPES!!

Anyway, looking back at last week, my best friend, Beth, and I have come up with a new way of going about studying for classes. We’re now buckling down, reviewing both before and after each class to prepare ourselves for what’s to come. I hate having to set extra time aside to do things that aren’t really of much interest to me in the first place, but I’d hate it even more to get a bad grade in any of my classes. By the way, my other classes are going very well!!

As far as things on the homefront in Ohio, things are going well. Monty, my boyfriend, is planning on coming down to Daytona Beach for my birthday which is in exactly 13 days. I’m young, though, so will only be turning 18. However, that is a definite reason to party. My family is supposed to be sending down presents!! I cannot wait for that. And my friends Beth, Herbie, and Greg are going to make me a cake. They’re also taking Monty and I to Disney World for the weekend!! HoOoRaY 🙂

Things are going really well, here (minus being pretty sick to my stomach — YUCK!!). I’m liking this place more and more each day. This past weekend, I went to Orlando with the crew. We went shopping, saw fireworks, and just had a good time. Oh, and on Friday night, we went ice skating. It was awesome.

The previous weekend, I spent with the sorority girls on campus with preference parties and such. And, I got my bid card on Sunday.. I’m pledging ALPHA XI DELTA!! Tomorrow night is our big coming in event. We all have to wear white dresses. And I’m really excited!! If I get the chance to talk with Jill, I may start posting pictures up, here. The girls and I are really big into pictures, and I thought it’d be fun to share them with you so you can do more than just read about life here at ERAU.. you can see it, too!

Anyway, I could go on and on forever about how things are going, here. However, homework is definitely calling my name. I should’ve written a few days earlier. As you’ll realize, though, things tend to slip your mind while you’re at school. Have a great next week or two. I cannot wait until the next post!!

This entry was posted in 2005 – 2006 by Maria. Bookmark the permalink.

About Maria

**Age:** 18 **Hometown:** Fairfield (near Cincinnati), Ohio **Favorite Movie:** Beauty & The Beast **Favorite Band:** Rascal Flatts **Career Goal:** Graduate in 4 years with a 4.0 GPA **Interests:** Swimming and diving, traveling, shopping, photography, interior decorating