November 3, 2005

Hi Everyone!

Wow! So many things have been going on around here lately. On Monday classes were cancelled because of Hurricane Wilma, (which was so much fun!!), and so we only had three days of class this week. (We got Friday off because of homecoming.) My roommate and I were asked to have our room on the list for tours during open house, which meant we had to clean it and “disappear” for the day. So, we went shopping at the Volusia County Mall, and out to lunch at the Olive Garden. It was so much fun because I haven’t been shopping at a mall in months! Sometimes I feel like I live in a man’s world with the ratio of guys to girls being like 7 to 1, and I needed to get away and do something girly for a change.

This week was also the career expo at the IC center gym. It’s mostly for upperclassmen who are looking for jobs after graduation, but my EP 101 class went to make some connections and find out about internships and co-ops. I found out about many opportunities available to me, but only a few really interested me. I think I was most excited about an internship with the United Space Alliance, and a co-op opportunity as a counselor for Space Camp in Huntsville, Alabama. Since I transferred in credits, I’m really not that far away from being eligible to apply for them. This made me really excited but also a little worried because I have so many other things I want to do before I graduate and I really want to fit it all in.

Next week I will be registering for my classes for next semester. I can’t guarantee I will get all the classes and times that I want, but so far it looks like I will be taking Physics, Physics for Engineers Lab, Calculus II, Machine Shop Laboratory, Introduction to Computing for Engineers, and Engineering Drawing.

Monday, (Halloween), we are going to have little kids coming to trick-or-treat in the residence halls and I can’t wait for it! They will be so cute in all their costumes!

Happy Halloween!
~Sara~

This entry was posted in 2005 – 2006 by Sara. Bookmark the permalink.

About Sara

**Age:** 18 **Hometown:** Hermantown, Minnesota **Favorite Movie:** Rocket Man **Favorite Band:** Sonicflood **Career Goal:** To be involved with NASA **Interests:** Volleyball, Oil Painting, Camping