February 9, 2006

Hey all!

What happened to January!? It just whizzed by in a flurry of school and homework and Sigma and a bunch of other things. I’ve been really stressed out lately with too many things going on at once and not enough sleep.

Anyways, some of my classes are going better than others. I switched my computer programming professor and it has made a HUGE difference with everything. I actually understand my new professor and I like programming now too! It’s so unbelievable how much influence a professor can have on the subject matter. I am struggling the most in physics right now because I haven’t had nearly as much physics as the rest of the people in my class, and I am busy playing catch-up. My machine shop lab is awesome- no homework and it’s all hands on! Right now I’m building an airfoil out of composite materials.

We are now recruiting again for Sigma, so we are having a bunch of different recruitment events to meet potentials. I am also the new community service chair, so I basically find volunteer stuff for us to do. Things still haven’t quite settled down yet from installation, so we are still really busy. On the right is a picture of me and my roommate, Marjory at the installation banquet. (Yes, now that I know I can add pictures I will!)

I made it to the next round of the R.A. selection process, and it looks like about half of us are going to be cut during the next round so my chances aren’t that great. I plan to just keep being myself, and if they don’t think I’m the right person for the job, then I will just accept that.

Have a great day!

~Sara

This entry was posted in 2005 – 2006 by Sara. Bookmark the permalink.

About Sara

**Age:** 18 **Hometown:** Hermantown, Minnesota **Favorite Movie:** Rocket Man **Favorite Band:** Sonicflood **Career Goal:** To be involved with NASA **Interests:** Volleyball, Oil Painting, Camping